Headed to Palm Springs for a girls weekend and you want to make sure you hit up all the Insta-worthy spots? Then you’re in the right place! There are so many things to do and places to see when planning a trip to Palm Springs that it can become overwhelming, so I’m here to help you out! I’m going to dish out five must-see, Insta-worthy spots while visiting and the best time of year to visit. So let’s jump in!!
- Any trip to Palm Springs is incomplete without a stop at the historic Saguaro Hotel! The hotel is nestled in the heart of Palm Springs and it’s pretty hard to miss with its vibrant colors and chic vibes. The colorful walls and doors make for a great backdrop for photos and typically (pre-Covid), you can even go to the pool area as a non-guest to snap even more photos! This hotel is the ultimate Instagram photo-worthy spot.
- Next stop, the Ace Hotel, which is just a short half a mile drive from the Saguaro. Although the Ace Hotel isn’t quite as vibrant and full of personality as the Saguaro, it definitely has its own unique features which make it a great stop while in Palm Springs. The Ace Hotel exudes desert vibes with its stone walls and cactuses lining the front of the hotel and great big pool which is perfect for lounging. But the real show-stopper of this spot is the big ACE wall that is right around the corner from the main lobby that is the perfect spot for some photos.
- Now it’s time to head into the Palm Springs neighborhoods to really capture the artistic spirit of Palm Springs. It’s no secret that Palm Springs is known for its bright colors and artsy feel, and the houses in Palm Springs are no different. Many of them are built in all different modern shapes and sizes, but they also have bold doors! Its rare to drive through a Palm Springs neighborhood without noticing the brightly-painted front doors. One of the most famous is the “Pink Door”. Although this is a super popular stop and a gorgeous and unique door, it’s still someones home and it’s important to remember that when visiting. The property actually has a bunch of signs posted in the front lawn about it being private property so if you’re wanting to snap a pic, make sure you aren’t trespassing and you’re being respectful. This also goes for the rest of the unique houses you will encounter on a drive through the Palm Springs neighborhoods. You can really just get lost in the cool architecture as you drive around, so you definitely don’t want to miss it.
- Okay, this is probably the most touristy of touristy things to do on this list, but you can’t stop in Palm Springs without snapping a picture at the Palm Springs Welcome Center Sign. The sign itself is gorgeous, but what’s even more gorgeous is the backdrop that it sits against. Its hard not to appreciate the huge mountains and beautiful palm trees that help to make this spot so picturesque. But be aware, this spot can get busy with people wanting to take pictures, so if you’re on a tight schedule, make sure you allow a few extra minutes at this spot!
- And we saved the most EPIC spot for last…the windmills!!! The windmills are one of the most iconic features of Palm Springs because there are thousands of them that surround the area as soon as you drive in from the highway. And trust me, there’s a reason. The wind in the Palm Springs area is like no other, which makes this the perfect spot for windmills, but also a scary place to drive if you’re driving in the middle of a wind storm. So that’s my heads up to be careful and have two hands on the wheel when driving through this area! That wind is no joke!! But I’m not here to talk about the wind, I’m here to talk about the epic windmills that make a perfect backdrop to round out your Palm Springs Insta-worthy photo collection that you’ve started so far! The best time of year to visit this spot is late September through February. This time of year tends to be the least windy and it also happens to be way cooler, as well!
Oh, that reminds me, I guess I should probably remind you that the desert is called the desert for a reason….it gets unbearably hot out here!! So my best recommendation to you, is come in the Fall and Winter months because the Summer time can get upwards of 120 degrees and trust me – you won’t want to be getting all dressed up and cute to explore the town and get your pictures taken with temps that hot.
Now it’s time to go explore the unique desert city of Palm Springs and don’t forget to hire your photographer to make sure you get all of the best quality, Insta-worthy photos!!